Friday, March 11, 2011

First Kiss

Hello bloggers! Woo hoo! My first ever blog post! Wow... so much to say I don't even know where to start. Well I must first thank my wife Valerie Vonprisk for pushing me to get a blog started. And yes I did say wife... for those of you who do not know me, I am a lesbian and Valerie and I were among the few lucky gay couples that were able to marry legally in California just before the 2008 election, but that is a whole other blog post.
I am Von Kiss. DJ, Producer, Dancer, lover of music. I bought my turntables back in 2002 and have been djing in clubs for a little over 4 years now. I started producing about a year ago. The past year has been an incredible year for me. So many opportunities have come my way and I am eternally grateful. One of the coolest things to happen to me is the development of new friendships with people such as Diplo, Rye Rye, 6Blocc and Mikix the Cat. I am a huge fan of all of them and I look forward to collaborating with each of them on some bangin tunes!
My style. One of the hardest things for me to define is my style. As you will see with later posts, my style is quite eclectic musically. I love so many genres and sub-genres of music and look forward to sharing it all with you. Although, I must admit that my absolute FAVORITE type of music is the music that makes me want to DANCE! I started clubbing in SF when I was 16. As soon as I had my first taste of the club scene, I knew that  I had found my Unicorn. My something special. My friends and I would hit the club in our fresh little outfits (and by little I mean tiny tube tops... because we knew we were going to sweat!) and within 30 mins our hair would be dripping sweat.  Ahhh the days of dancing for hours on end... it has been a while since I've danced like that, and I really do miss it.
Werrrk. So for anyone who has ever seen me DJ you may have caught me playing hip hop, house, tech house, dubstep, UK funky, Drum n Bass, minimal, hard house, Bmore club, reggae, disco, 70s funk, 80s and 90s, I've played it all and more. However, I am working hard on booking gigs that will allow me to really shine and play what I want and love to play... BANGIN HOUSE AND DUBSTEP.  I am super excited to announce that I will be going on a Dubstep tour with 6Blocc and Muneka G all over Mexico in April. I can't wait to Blog about it... :)
So to wrap up my First Kiss I will leave you with one of my favorite Bass Music tracks, it is an oldie but a goodie. "Fasten Your Seatbelts" by Pendulum!!!!! For more info on Pendulum check out their website Pendulum

No comments:

Post a Comment